Re: [Harp-L] "Fattening Frogs For Snakes"...whats that all about?!?!?

The most generic meaning is being a chump. More specifically, doing the work so someone else can get the credit/profit.

I don't think SBWII had a specific incident in mind, but who knows. The phrase is a good hook.

Hear Barrelhouse Solly on the internet--that's me

http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly

Yes, it's what everyone has been clamoring for--pictures of the cats:

http://ratemykitten.com/my/?gallery=willie_mctell

Taiawagi Helton wrote:
He is pledging metaphorically, I think, to no longer
pay for the "care and maintenance" of a woman who
rewards others with her favors. Consistent with the
economic view that each individual is a "rational
maximizer", allocating one's resources so as to
maximize one's own satisfaction, he will no longer pay
the costs for and invest in an endeavor, the benefits
of which are captured by one other than himself. After all, what's the point of working to feed and
fatten frogs for dinner, only to see them eaten by
snakes?

Taiawagi