[Harp-L] Recording your own practices

Nick
I use a Digital Voice recorder from Olympus.  The model I have is the
WS-310M.  I can record up to about 22 hours of WMA format sound.  I think I
paid $130.  There are larger and smaller memory models too.  They just came
out in Oct 2005.

It has both a voice mode and music mode.  The music mode can be synched,
through Windows Media Player, to store MP3s so it can also act as an iPod
type player.  Actually I record some concerts or myself-then convert to MP3s
on my PC and place it back on the Recorder if I want it to be portable.  It
has a built in stereo microphone and can take an external mike and record at
different quality levels.  I have been very happy with the quality,
especially compared to my old cassette recorder.

It has a built-in USB connector that plugs it directly in to your PC (or you
can use a cable) so getting into your PC is easy.  It is just another
storage device with the added feature of synching thru Windows media.
Dewey