Re: [Harp-L] Forces on the slide

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Leung" <gleung4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2006 2:51 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Forces on the slide

>From Harp-on:
When you go to play your chromatic you may find the slide is stuck...
There are a few things you can do to free up the slide action: *Give a gentle but firm push on the button, but don't force it.

Okay, how do I know if I used too much forces, and what may happen if I did?

Too much force can buckle or bend the slide between the button and the mouthpiece. After that, the slide will bind against its mating parts. A little soaking in a shallow pan of with water a tad deeper than the mp, or drizzling some water down the slide is much safer.

Vern
Visit my harmonica website www.Hands-Free-Chromatic.7p.com