Re: [Harp-L] Re: Paris Boogie

"jazmaan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" wrote:
<Nice work Richard!  The harp tone was the best I've heard from a Lee
<Oskar.  You've really got your rig optimized nicely.  The wide bend was
<interesting but I thought you overused it.  I didn't know you could get
<that wide bend from an off-the-shelf Natural Minor, I'll have to check
<that out!

Thanks for the warm review.  Not sure which note you're referring to re:
the wide bend-- my guess is that it's the top note of the "hook" line,
which is the draw 5 reed on the A Natural Minor. On a standard Richter,
that note is 1/2 step above the blow note in the same hole -- on a
Natural Minor, it's a whole step, so you get a much deeper bend on the
draw note.

More bends and heavier vibrato generally equal more emotion, of course.
Couldn't 'a done it on a standard Richter.  Hey, it's the hook.

By the way, my rig is changing.  I was so impressed with Madcat Ruth's
sound on the Harmonica and Ukelele project recording that I scored a
used Peavey Transformer 112 on eBay the next day.  The amp has a very
potent, modern sound -- lots of focused, powerful distortion, much more
rock than blues.  Or so I think at this early point. I'm still working
my way through it, and I'm setting it up so I can run it in parallel
with my "optimized" (as per David's comments)
RP200-through-Peavey-keyboard-amp setup.  Ultimately I want to be able
to switch instantly between the two setups, and run them together, as
desired. It's more gear than I'd bring to most gigs -- the RP200 alone
does the job more often than not -- but I'm very interested in getting a
big, BIG wall of sound on those few occasions when I really want it.

Thanks, RH