[Harp-L] Re: Travel, Harmonicas, Respect

Message: 5
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 04:47:26 -0500
From: "M. N." <mnessmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Travel, Harmonicas, Respect
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Rob wrote:
"More & more since 911, I feel the whole 'Joy of Travel Vibe' has been lost
to the threat and fear of terrorism. I was talking to guitarist Steve
Cropper <snip> We both agreed that AIR travel used to be an enjoyable
experience and there was a 'common courtesy' amongst the traveler and the
workers. We were saddened by the fact that in 'our lifetimes' we would NEVER
see it anything like the way it WAS."

=======================

I hear ya. At the same time, though, this is only a new phenomena for
Americans. I'm guessing our brothers in England and in North Ireland, Spain,
Israel and so forth have been coping with this new (to us) way of life for a
long long time. That's the blues.
MN

Hello, I'm from the Basque Country, in the north of Spain.
I have never traveled in a plane but I can tell you that going out of the
Basque Country with the car was a hell. You get stopped in many many places
just because your license plates sayed that you were from the Basque
Country. Now with the european license plates (they just include your
country) it is a bit better. But I still remember the summers going to spend
the holidays in my father's born place to see the grandparents and being
stopped and have to unload ALL the car because you could be a terrorist. And
we only were my parents and two little boys (my brother and me) in a car.
Really sad.

Harp content: time to go to practice those bends (begineer).

P.S. As you can deduct English is not my born language, so excuse my
language mistakes.

See you.