Fwd: [Harp-L] Low C - and WD40

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lk" <lking@...> wrote:

> Hello, again!
> I'd like to know where to get a low C also.
> I ordered one custom made. I guess it was
> very hard to do, cost plenty, but didn't work.
> After all he said he'd put into it trying to
> make it a C, I didn't have the heart to send
> it back. I saw one low C advertised with Seydel,
> but it sounds now like that might be iffy.
> What does, "dearer" mean?

Dearer means more expensive.

The Hohner Marine Band No. 364 makes a fine low C - for many years it
was the only one available. It's 12 holes instead of 10 and overall
bigger than the 10-hole Marine Band - costs around $30.

>  Maybe some WD40? uff dah!

DON'T - it's poisonous stuff that you don't want in your lungs or
digestive tract - or dissolving the plastic windsavers inside your
chromatic.

You can read up on the basic hazards of WD40 in the MSDS - material
Safety Data sheet here:

http://www.wd40.com/Brands/pdfs/msds-wd40_aerosol.us.pdf

Water is the best lubricant for chromatic harmonica slides. Take the
slide/mouthpiece assembly apart, clean it carefully with a toothbrush
and soapy water, then carefully reassemble it - tightening the screws
just the right amount may be the tricky part once you have all the
parts lined up.

Winslow