[Harp-L] Adler-- Exaggerations?

Hi, all
I just couldn't pass up the comment about exaggerating movements and
motives. Some of us truly feel our music, and for us not to express it as a
whole body experience seems impossible. I am sorry if some are using it as a
gimmick. Trying to remember NOT to move with feeling puts inhibits all of it
for me. It seems also, to some degree, to enhance the audience's
appreciation, because they are then feeling it with you. Some have
experienced what you feel and it is affirming them. Some greater
exaggerations tend to detract from the music, I suppose (Elvis at one time).
However, I am thinking of Ray Charles...there was a whole body experience.
At first, I was taken back by it, but then realized just how intensely he
enjoyed and replayed the experiences that made his music great (to me). I
enjoyed watching him the few rare moments I did. His was my first album as a
kid, and I'd never seen him. But, when he sang, you could almost see the
video he was re-experiencing. He took you there. That is what I want for my
audience...to take them there, validate the intensity of their feelings, and
then leave them with fresh Hope and Joy! We have a wonderful and powerful
gift to bless. "Move" on!
Almost Home, LesleyAnn
"And Jesus said to them, I am the bread of life: he that comes to me shall
never hunger; and he that believes on me shall never thirst." - John 6.35
www.needhim.com  www.livingwaters.com www.perrystone.com