[Harp-L] Re:Taylor Hicks

When Taylor Hicks played on American Idol last night I was impressed by his tone.  He was playing
unamplified, while walking through a large room with hardwood floors that may have added a touch
or natural reverb.  He had big hands and was using them for pronounced effect, but most of all
just the naturally large build of his body and throat seemed to impart an excellent tone to his
playing.

I was also impressed by what >seemed< to be a completely impromptu, unrehearsed and off-the-cuff
"performance" topped off by his bluesy "I'm Goin to Hollywood" walk-off.   I have a feeling that
Taylor Hicks knows exactly how to convey that unrehearsed appearance.  But it sure works!

I will be voting for him and I encourage everyone on harp-l to do the same.