[Harp-L] Johnny Thompson

At one of the SPAH's in the 1990's, Johnny was a featured performer as The Great Tomasini. The show was great. However, what I remember most was, after the show, Johnny found 2 or 3 other old friends/players in the hallway and started a hellatious jazz jam with them. At the time, I was not interested in Chrom, the old style trios/quartets nor familiar with the players, but this music definitely stopped me in my tracks. They were playing very hip tunes and going at it with a vengeance, facing each other and playing as if there was no one else in the universe besides them.

I heard a story to the likes of "these guys used to play together, would learn a jazz tune, play it and then modulate up a half step, playing it again, and so on through all 12 keys, for every song."

It's quite likely that the "other old friends/players" were some very well known names. Was anyone else there? (Danny?)

The Iceman