[Harp-L] Free Hohner 7582/64 Chrominca Super 64 (with strings attached)

A few weeks ago I was browsing http://www.harmonicacountry.com/lessons/lesson1.html and notice the 'offer' at the top of the page for a free harmonica. Today my harmonica arrived.

To get the harmonica for free you have to sign up try six offers from a list of about 50 or so. Some of the offers are free trials like a free no-obligation trial of AOL or Rhapsody Music downloads. Some are not so 'free'. You are required to select two offers from each of three pages. If anyone considers taking advantage of this offer, I suggest that before you commit to any offer you take a look at the ones on page three first. One pages one and two there are probably twenty or more offers that come with little or not obligation or expense. However, there are only a few selections on page three, may eight or so and they do carry some obligation.

In the end I figure the harmonica only cost me about $800.

The most expensive offer I took advantage of was DirecTV with an obligation of ~$50/no for 12 months. Other things I signed up for were:
* the BMG music CD offer. Buy one get three free, buy one more within a year get four more free. (They don't tell you shipping and handling for four CDs is $20.
* AOL free trial
* International Wine (sort of a Wine of the month club, which I cancelled after one shipment. So I spent about $35 (including $10 shipping) and received two bottles of wine. Not a good deal but not so bad since it contributed my getting a ~140 harmonica for 'free'.

Actually I was about to have to give in an sign up for DirecTV anyway. My wife was going to do without it any longer. The other offers came with minimal costs (some cost me nothing because I cancelled them before the free trail was up - AOL and Rhapsody, for example. And in the case of Rhapsody I did get two great Blues CDs for free...long story).

Just remember check page three before you commit to any of the other offers, and read the fine print. For example, one of the offers was to apply for a Discover Card. But you don't get credit toward the harmonica until your application is approved (could take up to 30 days) and you have made a purchase with the card or transferred a balance from another card to it.

Today my Super 64 arrived. Now I need to learn to play chromatic harp.

Paul