Re: [Harp-L] Delta Frost (was bolt-on reeds)

Another clue. Both the Deltas and some Suzukis are
available in 14 keys (from Low F to High G) while
Seydel tunes in all wierd and wonderful ways including
customs perversions.

It is true that Mr. Hall takes exception to
comparisons with Suzuki but hasn't to my knowledge
explicitly rules them out as Delta manufacturers. I
don't know the ins and outs of business arrangements
but I suppose it's possible to have Suzuki produce the
plates and have it written into the contract that they
cannot copy exactly Mr. Hall's design for their own
product.

Or, more simply, they might both use the Shanghai
factory as another poster noted.

Or, the Deltas are truly one of a kind. I'm curious
because I've got a DF on order that's taking forever
to ship and I want to see if it lives up to all the
raves.

By the way, does anyone know for sure which Suzukis
use phospher bronze reeds? I've got a couple
Overdrives which have a cool raspy sound but that
might just as likely be from the unique covers.

Paul