Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica Listening(s): Jelly Roll Johnson

Paul Messinger's observations on Kirk "Jellyroll" Johnson IMO are spot on! I
saw Jellyroll play behind 4 great Country Writers at The old Bottom Line in
NYC and was amazed at his SKILL in backing a singer and knowing when to step
OUT and shine on solos and fills....he makes it an art in itself! Here is a
link to my review of Jelly's CD as shown on his website.

http://www.jellyrolljohnson.com/Pages/review3.htm

Both Jelly & PT Gazell are MY favorite two Harp players in Nashville, and
trust me, there are some GOOD players down there!

I also wanted to comment on some NICE chromatic work on Michael McDonald's
New Xmas CD, by my old friend (Guitarist, Harp Player) Pat Bergeson who also
resides and records in Nashville. Nice & Tasty work Pat!

all the best,
rob paparozzi