Re: [Harp-L] Help with Modes...

From: Guy Buxman <beabsurd@xxxxxxxxx>

Michael,
Thank you for sharing your knowledge.  So...if the guitar is in C, and I'm
playing a D harp...that is Ionan?
- Guy

Guy,
oops-
I was backwards-are you sure that you weren't?

C on a D harp would be like 11th position

D on a C harp now that would be DORIAN 3rd pos.
(also C on a Bb harp would be DORIAN 3rd pos.)

you might have been in E minor on that D harp.

IONIAN=1st position
Disclaimer-
all mention of position v. mode refer to the natural modes of the diatonic harp

Michael Peloquin http://tinyurl.com/5tpjg http://www.harpsax.com