From: "Jonathan Metts" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Slowing Down Vibrato
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 12:07:39 -0600

I'm an intermediate player, and one of the things I'm working on is my
throat vibrato.  The problem is that when I do it, usually it sounds like a
machine gun.  I can occasionally slow it down, though still not enough, and
that's only when I'm playing very slowly and am super relaxed, which is not
likely to happen on a stage.

So, any practical advice for slowing down the machine gun vibrato?  It
doesn't exactly mesh well with "Amazing Grace".

Jonathan Metts