RE: [Harp-L] Observations

>>3) As it is (virtualy) impossable to read them, while actualy
>playing,
>>what purpose, other than tableture, do the numbers serve?

Great that you bring this up.  I can read music mostly on the piano
and some harps - not well but I can -

I remember thinking years ago what good are the number if you can
really see them anyway?  It would have been just as easy to learn
music notation. What is a number and an arrow other than a symbol?  A
note and a space on the staff is virtually the same thing. I wish I
would have started that way.  I have a few raw student and I try to
teach how to read music instead of harp TAB.  It seems to be working.
I still can't read on the harp to save my life. Shhh don't tell my
students though  :-)
Chris Michalek

www.michalekstrone.com
CD Available