[Harp-L] North Carolina Blues and Harp Scene?

Dan,
My information is dated by three years but I lived in Raleigh/ Cary area for 16 years, moved back to Philly 3 years ago.  When I left, the blues scene was quite good, with a very active Triangle Blues Society and  one to three different open mic Blues jams in regular session where you could network with musicians.  My old band still gigs often (and could use a harp player!)  I do think the blues scene has slowed a bit since then.  Since Jason Ricci moved to Nashvegas from Raleigh there is plenty of room for talented harpists.
You should talk to Steve Harvell for an update: see his website  http://bluzharp.tripod.com/ , also Paul Messinger on the list could update you on nearby Chapel Hill.
Zig