Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 11:59:08 -0800 (PST)

From: Dan <billybudd1313@xxxxxxxxx>

Subject: [Harp-L] North Carlolina Blues and Harp  Scene?

To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Any list members in the RTP area of North Carolina,

  I'm exploring the Raleigh Durham area for a possible career move.  The
only problem, is that I have no idea about the music scene.  I need to know
if the blues is alive or dead in this area before I get too far into the
interview process.  Are there many harp players?

  I know "alive" is a relative term, so, to give examples:  When I was in
Blacksburg VA, WVa Bob, Rich Rittenhouse, and Pete Hastings (rarely) were
the only three guys I knew who even tried to get blues bands going.  They
were/are doing a very good job, but it's not a big blues area as such.  I'd
give S.West VA like a "3" (1-10 scale)

  Back in CT, there's actually quite a few bands, a society, festivals, more
frequent national acts.  I'd give CT a "7"

  I'm assuming So Cal and the Bay area rate "9" or "10"  and perhaps the
Yukon territory is a "1" but I'm only guessing.

  Thanks in advance.

  Dan G.