[Harp-L] North Carlolina Blues and Harp Scene?

Any list members in the RTP area of North Carolina,

  I'm exploring the Raleigh Durham area for a possible career move.  The only problem, is that I have no idea about the music scene.  I need to know if the blues is alive or dead in this area before I get too far into the interview process.  Are there many harp players?

  I know "alive" is a relative term, so, to give examples:  When I was in Blacksburg VA, WVa Bob, Rich Rittenhouse, and Pete Hastings (rarely) were the only three guys I knew who even tried to get blues bands going.  They were/are doing a very good job, but it's not a big blues area as such.  I'd give S.West VA like a "3" (1-10 scale)

  Back in CT, there's actually quite a few bands, a society, festivals, more frequent national acts.  I'd give CT a "7"

  I'm assuming So Cal and the Bay area rate "9" or "10"  and perhaps the Yukon territory is a "1" but I'm only guessing.

  Thanks in advance.
  Dan G.