Re: [Harp-L] Bebop Banjo

Banjo   players are as bad as harp players. I hang around with some bluegrass
guys, a couple of whom are banjo fanatics. They get into the same types of
discussions as we do on Harp-L. There is Scruggs style, claw hammer, melodic,
chromatic,   etc etc.     One of my friends is a scientist who actually analyzes
different types of wood to determine which will sound best for   the bridge
on his banjo.
   Harp players are not the only ones who are crazy.
    Of course, he hates my 'perfect pitch' joke. The one where perfect pitch
is when you throw a banjo into a dumpster and it lands on an accordian.

    FWIW, in the ongoing thread about overblows. I ran into a quote by John
Wooden, famous basketball coach, that seemed to fit in here somewhere.
He said (paraphrase)   Don't let the things you can't do get in the way of
the things you can do.

Still a fool for the Harp
Steve 'Moandabluz' Webb