[Harp-L] Single Harp Chromaticism Question

Just a thought to pass along to Tinus and others working on one-diatonic
chromaticism:

If you are going to play everything on one harp, then why a "C" harp?  I
believe that the "C" harp, for reasons that others on-List can expound upon
with much greater authority than me, has some inherent 'problems' as far as
tone etc . . . it has something to do with the reed setup between C and D
harps; Joe Filisko actually went as far as making me a C harp tuned down
from a D harp for just that reason.  He explained it to me at the time, but
I can't recall the specifics.

If I were going to play everything on one harp, then I would choose either a
"Bb" or "G" harp (because they both 'feel' better than a "C" harp, the Bb
lays out better for a lot of the tunes you'll want to play etc) . . .
Comments???

Regards,

Paul Messinger

Chapel Hill NC