RE: [Harp-L] a question

> When I read Tinus' post, which ends with the question what
> others are afraid of, I have to ask Tinus what he is afraid
> of.
[snip]
> I think maybe he is just not done yet on the one harp.

I think that that is exactly it.
I am not done by far and I am afraid that if I start to play different
harmonicas that it will stop me from developing on the c harmonica and
there is so much I still have to learn.
I need to learn to tongueblock properly, I need to learn to play with
vibrato, learn to use double stops and learn what double stops can be
used in which key, learn to play in the top ocatave, learn to play
double stops with bends and overblows in them. Learn to play double
stops in JI rather than ET.

Besides that I need to develop a lot of other skills as a musician
rather than a harmonica player.

At the moment my development on the harmonica is still ahead of my
musical development so my focus lies on developing musically and in that
I do not feel the need start playing other harmonicas.

The harmonicas I have been thinking about are the Bb and low Eb because
they would allow me to play trumpet and sax parts without the need to
transpose on sight.

> I bet a lot
> of ears would turn your way.

At this time I don't need a lot of ears, when I feel confident as a
musician that may change but at the moment I am mainly trying to develop
to a point where I feel that I have gotten past the beginning amateur
level as a jazz musician.

Tinus
http://www.overblow.com