Re: [Harp-L] harp player seeking political blues songs

Little Feat's Apolitical Blues is another worth checking out.
  Grant Dermody

Joel Fritz <jfritz666@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  J. B. Lenoir recorded several.

Doctor Clayton: "Pear Harbor Blues," "41 Blues"

Johnny Shines: "So Cold in Vietnam"

Casey Bill Weldon: "WPA Blues"

Arthur Crudup: "Give Me a 32-20"

Various: "Uncle Sam Ain't No Woman" ("Uncle Sam ain't no woman but he
sure can take your man....")

Mississipi Shieks: "Sales Tax," "Bootlegger's Blues"

Peetie Wheatstraw: "Good Whiskey Blues"--end of Prohibition, "Working
on the Project"

All the above don't sound self-righteous or didactic. Some are cynical.

In non-blues but still roots music there are a lot. Uncle Dave Macon,
for example, recorded a bunch of topical songs that didn't try to
advance a particular ideology.

Hear Barrelhouse Solly on the internet--that's me

http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly

Yes, it's what everyone has been clamoring for--pictures of the cats:

http://ratemykitten.com/my/?gallery=willie_mctell