[Harp-L] teaching methadology--harp respect

People have taught piano lesson for hundreds of years. There's an accepted
methadology. There's accepted exercises (Hannon for ex) accepted fingerings,
posture, etc.(I tried this I couldn't hack it it drove me nuts).

Harp tends to be learned by ear playing music that is less harmonically complex
and people tend to start at a later age. A kid learning piano will often have
10-13 years of playing scales by the time they graduate high school.

A good pianist can major in piano. There's not many majors in harmonica.

Perhaps we should start teaching younger kids? How do we bring this discipline
to the harmonica?

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm