[Harp-L] Subject: Lightning In a Bottle/ Last of The Mississippi Jukes

This has probably been a hot topic on the list before, but "Lightning In a
Bottle" ...the 2003 one night only Blues show taped at Radio City in New  York
containing additional interviews with many of the performers, just  played on
Starz Cinema.  Unfortunately I only caught the last few  minutes of the
incomparable BB King singing Sweet Sixteen and closing out the  show with Bonnie
Raitt.  It will be replayed on Friday, February 17th at  6:30p.m EST. It is
available on DVD, CD's and presumably VHS, am  just giving a heads-up for anyone
who wants to but hasn't yet seen it.   Looks like a worthwhile show for the
historical clips at least.  Harp  content?  I've no idea - not having yet seen it
in its entirety.

This must be a "Blues" weekend for some of us....I also caught the  last half
hour of the repeated "Last of the Mississippi Jukes".  I've found  a link to
the Director of the film Robert Mugge's, wonderful and  loving description of
the story behind the Film with incredible detail  about the musicians and
songs contained therein, with his 2004  update.  Well worth the reading. Harp
content?  Self   explanatory.
 _http://www.robertmugge.com/jukes_notes.htm_
(http://www.robertmugge.com/jukes_notes.htm)

Elizabeth