Re: [Harp-L] Golden Melody

Richard Hunter writes:

I happen to like
the sound of chords on the LO -- especially the Natural Minors

Let's be clear that the chord issues on a natural minor are not the same as they would be on a major tuned diatonic harmonica. I've never bothered to retune any of my Lee Oskar natural minor harmonicas because it really didn't bother me enough to merit the attention. Of course I did recently purchase a B minor in a custom lowered tuning and it came superbly tuned to a 19 limit just and the difference between it and a stock tuning is orders of magnitude. It will be tough to go back to out of the box now. The tuning issues involved with the various schemes that are employed in diatonic 10 hole harmonicas vary because the intervals vary. Harmonic minor is a whole other set of differences. As always I defer to www.patmissin.com and his superb reference regarding tuning. One of these days I'll manage to get my hands on the Just Intonation Primer ( I think that's what it's called) Years of my life will go away as I read it. Oh well. fjm