Fwd: [Harp-L] Re: Trills on Harp - other methods

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jonathan Metts"
<jonathan@...> wrote:
> If a trill is alternating between two adjacent
> scale notes, there should be tons of trills available
> on the diatonic, not just the one he mentions.  What
> about Bend 4 - Draw 4, or Blow 5 - Draw 5?
> Depends on what scale you're using, but my point
> is that you could alternate between many sets of
> notes very quickly, if your technique is well honed.

Actually, Jonathan, you are right. I was speaking purely of the
action of alternating adjacent holes on the same breath - that most
of these are not true trills. In addressing that I didn't consider
the other possible ways of creating true trills.

You're also right that considerable technique is required to properly
articulate a bent and an unbent note as distinct notes, and to
alternate blow and draw without sounding choppy. And in both
instances, keeping up a quick, steady rate of alternation is another
challenge.

Winslow