[Harp-L] (no subject)

I asked about the Paddy richter tuning using LO reedplates.  Joe Mahan replied
with the following.

To make a C paddy:

blow reeds from "G" MM (top plate, drilled-through holes)
draw reeds from "C" Richter (bottom plate, threaded holes)
(because Lee Oskar labels the MM's in cross-harp key...)

Others available:
D paddy: blow reeds from A MM/draw reeds from D Richter
F paddy: blow reeds from C MM/draw reeds from Low F Richter
G Paddy: blow reeds from D MM/draw reeds from G Richter
A Paddy: blow reeds from E MM/draw reeds from A Richter

>>>8<<<

I notice the F paddy uses a Low F Richter plate.  I assume that's to keep the
two plates in the same octave.  Do you have this octave issue with Ab or Bb?

Can an Ab be made up from an Eb MM blow plate/Ab Richter draw plate?
Can a Bb be made up from an F MM blow plate/Bb Richter draw plate?

My guess is the Bb will use a Low F MM blow plate.

Thanks for the input.  I really like the paddy richter tuning for songs that
call for a lot of 3 draw bends. Using the 3 blow for that note is way easier
and allows for fluid playing in that part of the harp.

Play Well All,

Larry Boy Pratt
www.parkhousejam.com