[Harp-L] Re: Paddy Richter

Message: 9
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 06:18:28 -0800
From: larryboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Paddy Richter
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

I use to know this, but didn't write it down, and now its evaporated from my
brain. The Paddy Richter tuning has the 3 hole blow raised. I don't know if
its a half-step or a whole step. <........>

You could use Seydel webpage for that. http://www.seydel1847.de/epages/Seydel.storefront/?ObjectID=11371&Locale=en_GB

The altered notes are marked in red.
The only thing that may be a problem for a manufacturer is how to mark the key.
Usually the chord structure is giving you a basic note which may be situated in channel 1, but not always.

So, how would you give an idea how your harmonica is built?

This problem has lead to mismatch, because LO decided to even label some of their harmonca lines after the key played in second position, while Hohner did not.
So, there is no labeling convention among maufacturers.

We decided to label our non-extended Diatonic harmonicas (means 10holer) always after the first note in channel blow 1, which gives at least an idea, where the cascade is starting.

Rest can be found in our tables at www.seydel1847.com and you may like to use it as a compendium possibly, because the tables are chnaging with the key you choose (not finished on any type we make, but I am working on it actually)

Yours
Michael Timler
www.seydel1847.com