[Harp-L] Art Tube MP

Anybody have any experience with one of these for harp playing. I bought one of these to use as a volume control and I really like the warm tube sound and I'm wondering if I would gain anything by changing out the 12AX7 for a 12AT7 or a 12AU7.

I should explain that I was in a band that played through a PA and I was plugging straight into it. I knew this was going to be a very clean sound but I wanted to develop my acoustic tone anyway, which it did, and I would recommend it to anybody just starting out. Anyways I was using a mic with no volume control and we had a variety of styles we were playing. When we would play a loud blues number I found myself playing my harmonica too hard and I didn't think it would be good for my harps. So I bought one of these as a way to have volume control beside me without having to move to the back of the stage all the time. I'm really happy with it but maybe I'm not getting all that I could from it.

Thanks
Gary