From: Fernando Bresslau <>
Date: Feb 3, 2006 12:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Fwd: New deluxe version of the Hohner 270
To: Vern Smith

Hi Bobbie, hi Elizabeth, hi Vern,

thank you for your comments on the new 270 Deluxe.

Actually, I overslept the announcement of the 270 Deluxe. It was brought up on the German list on the side, Didi Neumann published it on his newsletter and Winslow sent it to Slidemeister. So, we didn't forget about Harp-L, I wanted to make the announcement in February. And, anyway, I guess that Slidemeister does have a kind of "privilege" on chromatic business, don't you think? They deserve being informed first, for all the information that is exchanged and created there ;-)
[Addition:] Some people commented about the division created by Slidemeister. Actually, it works. Different lists have different purposes, and everybody can join or leave as they please, and Slidemeister does a good job in discussing the chromatic harmonica in a focused way.
So please, don't be angry :-)) BTW, I will try to get the word out on the other lists, but I'm not sure when I'll get to that. So, if you want to forward the information, as Bobbie did, please do so.

The 270 Deluxe is a wooden bodied harmonica. Of course, Vern, I won't argue with you now if the material does or does not affect the tone, or in which magnitude, but there is a demand for such an instrument, and we are offering another option to harmonica players. Hohner is naturally aware that there is also a demand for a plastic body chromatic harmonica, and we do offer at least 2 options, the Chrometta and the CX-12, not to mention the Amadeus.

All the best,
Fernando