[Harp-L] Re: reverb pedals

I've owned rack processors, vintage outboard reverb tanks and pedals over the years.
The bigger bulkier stuff sits in my office now. I spent a few hours last night checking out pedals on the
Musician's Friend site but decided to stick with the mini Dano pedals I bought a few years ago.

I purchased the pedal board with 5 pedals but only use the Tuna Melt and Corn Beef reverb these days
with my 40's something Flot-A-Tone amp. I run the amp into the pa. I use just a touch of reverb to give the amp some presence.
Like any reverb unit, too much is not a good thing as your tone will thin out. While "thick and lush" are great for guitar it
sucks to hear a harp or horn with that much reverb, IMHO.

I set the Tuna Melt tremolo pedal speed to match the speed of my throat vibrato. A nice side effect is it makes the vintage speaker sound
like it's breaking up more then it is. The Flot-A-Tone has a tremolo channel but there is no speed control making it useless for harp.
Effects can be like garlic. A little bit can go a long way. I try not to make it obvious that I'm using them. A guitarist in the audience asked me last week when do I use the pedals. I told him I leave them on all night. Thats good use without overkill.

I would recommend using both with the Dano power adaptor if you amp doesn't have an effects loop input. For some reason Dano pedals seem to peter out over a short time when just using the battery. Could be the mic input is greater then the pedal can handle. After about a year of battery use I can only use them with the adaptor or the signal is very weak. As cheap and small as they are I don't mind stocking up on a couple spares.

mike