[Harp-L] Re: Father James

In a message dated 12/25/2006 1:33:33 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
BiscuitBoy714@xxxxxxx writes:

I loved James Brown. He was a father  figure in my musical development so I
wrote this the day he died. I've since  made the bridge in E and will use a
pocket sax for lead if it sounds as cool  as I hope it does.

                         I hope yall don't mind. I was just very moved by
this happening
                                 C minor 7th diminished 9th  (I think)
Funk  Beat
                  Father James......you put the rhythm in my soul
                  Father James ......you put the funk......in everybody's
rock and roll
                  Father James........your dancin' in my heart
                  Father James........you gave me syncopation that made my
music start
                           chorus C  A  A  E  A sharp F   C  repeat 3 times
                  Father James.......I loved you
                 Father  James.......I pray for you
                  Father James.......I loved you
                  Father James.......Tell me what else that I can do
                      Harmonica and sax lead maybe doubled together
                       Next verse
                   Father James......You taught us all to be precise
                   Father James......You taught us all.....that life 'aint
always nice
                   Father James.......You gave us all strength and hope
                   Father James........You made me feel better when I was
lost in dope
                  Bridge.......I  don't know yet but it's gotta have horns
and it's got to be way cool
                       Next verse a combination of the 2 previous verses
                       chorus..........bridge....and then out
    There has to be a clavinet in between the  guitar part in memory of Billy
Preston, maybe some B3 sounding organ  too.