[Harp-L] vocalism

Following up on Tom Ellis' (and Richard Hunter's) post about Wilson and Butter and "vocal" harp playing (and emotionally potent harp playing):  I find myself more and more liking the image of my accompaniment playing as backup gospel vocals -- "singing with" our lead female vocalist who is just amazing.  She has even asked that we do some "dueting" -- her putting out a couple of moaning phrases (w/o words) and me roughly echoing on harp, and back and forth a bit.  Geez, it's fun!!  (We're not a gospel band, but the image works for me somehow.)  So maybe that image of backup vocals can assist in developing a style.
  --John K.