[Harp-L] Merry Christmas to all.

Year after year Christmas comes and goes.  More fights in jails and prisons due to loneliness, more thieves who prey on the weak, more rudeness in the parking lots....etc.  People pushing  and shovin' for the latest XBOX or Playstation.  It's nuts!

Today I read a story in the newspaper about a former NBA player who played for 6 teams in 5 years and then went off the deep end when some guy gave him some cocaine in the locker room.  He lost everything he owned including his NBA pension that he spent on crack during the late 80's and 90's.  His kids hated him.

He ended up living underneath the bridge right next to the Golden Sails Hotel in Long Beach, CA.  It's the same Golden Sails that promotes the Thanksgiving Eve Harp Blowdown with Rod Piazza, Harman, Johnny Dyer, Juke Logan, Johnny Rover, Kid Ramos..etc.  every year.

Well, he finally got drug treatment ( for the 16th time! ) and has been clean for about 4 years.  He now runs a program for former NBA players who don't play anymore and have may have nowhere to go in life.  He helps give them direction and friendship.

Anyway, this year is the first time he'll spend Christmas with his entire family that he left behind for the streets.

Being with friends and family and knowing what Christmas is all about is sufficient for me.

For me, this Christmas is the hardest one ever because my wife isn't sure what she wants to do.  Menopause, who knows?  I'm learning to just take one day at a time and it's tough cause I still love this beautiful woman.

I've got good friends and family for support and some of my customers would lend support when a mic didn't show up when I said it would.  They'd say, "Bro, take care of the most important things first and don't sweat it, it's only a microphone."  That means alot because when there's a time for closeness in the home, especially mine, you have to seize it right then and everything else takes a back seat.

Take care to all,

steve
www.thunderharpmics.com

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com