From: john kuzloski <jkuzloski@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2006 3:26:48 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] inhaled reed? not idle curiosity

I switched harps mid-song at a gig last night because
a reed went out.  Today I took a look at the harp and
see that a reed has broken off (and it's not lodged in
the harp anywhere).  (It is a blow reed -- seems like
no way for the reed to leave the harp except through
the playing hole -- well, i guess it depends on if it
got turned around or not.)  What do you think the
chances are that I could have inhaled it w/o knowing
it -- seems like one would have some sensation of it??
I was sober!  And if there is a chance I did inhale
it, should I be running off to the hospital and miss
tonight's gig!  (Ahh, maybe I'll wait until tomorrow!)
I wonder if a reed would show up in an x-ray?  I'm
hoping the reed is on the floor of the stage.  This
post is not about replacing reeds :-)
--John K.