Re: [Harp-L] 6th position

Thanks for your reply George;
                                                 Following your last
post, I am looking again at 6th. position. To me it seems, at the
moment, close to third, infact very close to third, but with the
awkwardmess of the 5th being an overblow, and right after a draw.
                                                 The 5th to me is like
an anchor point, not melodically, but harmonically, so I like it to be
close at hand.
                                                 I am fascinated by the
possibilities of different positions ( and therefore have no interest in
augmented/whole tone tunings which seem to me to simplify the
instrument, but reduce possibilities)
                                                 However, i am not
convinced, as yet, that 6th Minor offers enough differnece to 3rd to
make it worthwhile.
                                                 Nevertheless, I will
try it at my regular gig tomorrow night, if it seems appropriate, and if
not, I will continue to hack away at it, just because I can.
                                                  I'll let you know how
I go!
Rick Dempster
Melbourne