Re: [Harp-L] Re: Vote for the best harp amp

That shoot out was done almost 8 years ago. Most of the companies weren't even around then.
The best amp and the one that everybody should buy 2 of is the Meteor.

In all seriousness most of the larger harp amps out there sound good. Everyone's taste is different
so one may suit some better than another. I have personally played through the Sonny JR and the
Harp King. I liked the sound of both of the amps in a different way. I haven't tried any of the others
mentioned but have heard good things about the harp gear amp as well. I have customers ask me
constantly how the Meteor compares to a different amp. It's the hardest question to answer. I've gigged
the Meteor in every situation imaginable. I know the amp inside and out and I love it.
I can't say that I know how another amp compares because I don't have the experience with the others
out there. Beware of the guys who tell you that their amp blows the other away, how do they know.
Another thing that I'm always leery about is the guitar guy who builds a harp amp. Sorry but I've never
had luck with guitar techs understanding the nuances of a good harp amp.

This is of course just my $.02. I might be full of BS but it's what works for me.

Peace,
Scooter

In case you are not aware of this amp "shoot out."  (On Hunter's site --
shoot out by Barrett

http://www.hunterharp.com/ampset2.html