[Harp-L] Mustang Sally (was Performence Trickulations)

In a message dated 12/17/2006 10:49:24 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

It's not  only this post or this list but it has been quoted widely among
harp players  and other "serious" musicians that Mustang Sally is considered an
example of  not-that-good music.

No, I don't think anyone is disrespecting the song as a song that  is not
good.  The song is so popular that it is considered "overplayed",  that's all.  I
know of many working musicians who play it regularly because  it gets the
people up dancing, and generates tips.
  I confess to having fun playing harp on it many times.
ron