[Harp-L] Re: Mustang Sally

Someone asked why "Mustang Sally" is disdained by some players.   I don't think there's anything
intrinsically bad about the song.  Quite the opposite, I think the song is quite excellent.   It's
funky, fun and audiences enjoy it immensely.  I can think of only two reasons why some musicians
avoid it.   First, because it is so popular that they just get sick of playing it.  Second,
because to make it sound good, you've got to be funky.  And MOST musicians around these boards
just don't have what it takes to play funky.

And before the flamewar begins, let me just ask you to think back to the SPAH jams you've attended
over the years.   In my experience, funk-imbued blues is as rare as hen's teeth around those
parts.