Re: [Harp-L] Waves of something spewing

Hi Chris,
Our various cultural capital determine what a person is. Then we
choose to express it.

For me and where I'm from, NO, Sonny Terry is not - rather, he was a
very expressive and humble player / person. For me to call him a
**nker (from where I come from) is to be putting him down. The term is
freely used in retaliation or to belittle someone. It serves to
degrade someone if the user is trying to, can I say, 'air someones
dirty laundry' in public. For me, the term is right up there with many
other four letter words commonly used as swear/cuss words. "The phrase
four-letter word refers to a set of English words written with four
letters which are considered profane, including common popular or
slang terms for excretory functions, sexual activity, and genitalia."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four-letter_word

I'd use four letter words such as fast and cool to describe Sonny
Terry and O for Orsum - ahh, that last one you might not get, its a
piece of in house humor amongst us Polynesians : ) We make fun of our
spelling and pronunciation sometimes.

All in all, I am totally enjoying the banter back and forth about
Speed, Spewing and Soloing on the harmonica at present here.

Thanks for asking, hope the waffle makes sense.

Nate in New Zealand

does that mean Sonny terry was a vvanker?