[Harp-L] 12 position, Overblows, and why I like harp

In reading the posts about 12th, especially a great
one on relative minors, I got to thinking...

I don't like playing positions that don't have bends
or obs.  In my mind, they lack all the soul and
inflection that the bends give me.  And you know what?
 My favorite harp songs all have the harper wailing on
some bends too!

I've been playing a fair amount of 4th lately, but
realize I like 3rd way more because there are jucier
bends.  I like those "un" natural notes!

I also never start a song in 1st.  I'd rather struggle
with 12th or 11th.  And I usually struggle with those.

Maybe I am just weird?  Maybe I just have to be
difficult?  Maybe the bends slow me down so I don't
turn into a speed demon? That makes sense for why I
play harmonica and not guitar or sax.

Mike Fugazzi
vocals/harmonica

http://www.myspace.com/mikefugazzi
http://www.niterail.com

"Capitalize on your own strengths; develop your own style.
The world needs another harp player doing Little Walter licks
as much as it needs another Elvis impersonator."
-Paul deLay