Re: [Harp-L] shortlychromatic - Miles

On 15/12/06, Rick Dempster <rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not true, Fernando. It's many years since I heard it, but I recall, just when I thought I had discovered overblowing/drawing before anyone else(yeah, right!;about '79) a recording of Toots where he played a whole piece on diatonic with overblows all over the shop. I must say that, with all due respect to Toots for his great acievements on the chrom., it didn't fill me with a lot of hope for the future of the technique. Sounded plug-ugly to me at the time; but then I was a lot younger and a harsher critic than I tend to be now. Anyone else out there remember that piece?

Rick Dempster,
Melbourne,
Australia
(See, I did it Sam)