Re: Re: [Harp-L] Happy Holidays and rethinking harp amps

"Eugene Ryan" <ryan.eugene@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The Tweed amp model is one I would use a
> lot - it's pretty low gain - but at any gain setting of the Digitech, it
> feeds back when I turn the amp up.  I've tried some other amp models in the
> same effects unit and they suffer form the same problems.

i wonder if this is more of a mic issue?  i had lots of feedback issues
when i used a bullet (blues blaster).  i use an audix fireball now, and
i can sit on the floor at home in front of my amp and tweak settings.

> Can't turn up this baby without feedback.  Even with messing with EQ
> settings.  Of course I haven't tried all combinations of EQ, so it hasn't
> been exhaustive.

i'd start with a zero setting.  that is, everything set to off.  then try adding
just an amp model, say, tweed.  gain at 0, no cab, etc.  no delay, reverb,
effects, etc.   EQ settings at 0.  if that doesn't feed back,  try adjusting the
gain, a little at a time.  find out what your range is, if any.  then crank it back
down and try the other settings independently.  figure out what it is that your
amp/mic doesn't like.  then go from there.

sorry i can't be more helpful.  it takes some trial and error.  as i mentioned,
in my case, the biggest thing was my mic.  i think the audix if very
directional, where my BB was omni (dumb idea).  or maybe it was some
other reason.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it...to someone.