Subject: [Harp-L] buddha harmonica forum

Chris Michalek writes:

"The Buddha forum has been dead for awhile.  I had to switch  servers and
lost everything. I finally have the time to rebuild it this  weekend, so I'm
looking for suggestions on how to make it better.   I'm using a unix server now
and will be using the Simple Machines Forum  software unless of course somebody
has a better idea.

The goal is  to make the buddha forum an extension of harp-l but with more of
a  community format.  It want it to be a place to be for people to  discuss
whatever they want, current event, news, politics, religion, end  time
prophecies, UFO or whatever. Of course, I also want it to be a place  to discuss all
aspect of the harmonica, music, playing other instruments  and how they relate
to harmonica, CD reviews, gig booking, industry  contacts, amps, amp
configuration, mobile recording, home studio etc...  furthermore, if you're an expert
in a certain area, I invite you to run  your own section and moderate it.

Thanks for the input."

....Phew, this is great news Chris!  A place where some of us  Harp-l'ers can
express perhaps contrary opinions without being shut or  shouted down....as
recently happened to me when I joined in a partially  "political/religious"
thread on another harmonica forum purporting to be  open to banter.....  The
previous strongly worded male opinions  were studiously ignored, but when a woman
dared express a similar  point of view, the plug was pulled.

I'd be thrilled to have a forum such as yours back up and  running.  I've
missed it.  I do think it tends to draw those of  us particularly interested in
the harmonica, but wanting to "converse"  perhaps a bit more openly with those
people we like, respect and have  come to know.  I too thought of your forum
as an extension of  Harp-L.  My only suggestion is that you cannot do it all by
 yourself...and hope you have Winslow participating again.  Your forum  had
far fewer navigation problems than I've found on the "other" site, so  whatever
you did the first time worked for me.  I'm sure I could make  some
suggestions once it's up and running but for now...I'm just glad the  Buddha's back!

Elizabeth