Re: [Harp-L] buddha harmonica forum

"Chris Michalek" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The Buddha forum has been dead for awhile.  I had to switch servers and
> lost everything. I finally have the time to rebuild it this weekend, so I'm
>  looking for suggestions on how to make it better.  I'm using a unix server
> now and will be using the Simple Machines Forum software unless of course
> somebody has a better idea.

my suggestion would be to have fewer subcategories.  when i visited,
it always seemed like there was a bewildering array of different forums,
and i didn't know where to start.  it's probably better to start with a smaller,
carefully chosen set, and split them out later if it's warranted.  forums
succeed when they attract a critical mass; it's hard to do that if you
start out too dispersed.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it...to someone.