Re: Re: [Harp-L] Happy Holidays and rethinking harp amps

"Eugene Ryan" <ryan.eugene@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am using
> a Digitech RPx400 amp modeller into the amp and lining out to the PA
> directly from the Digitech as well, but when connected to the amp, I can't
> crank it up to be loud enough.  I'll have to sort this out.  When I
> bypass (DIRECT amp model) the Digitech, it is loud enough.

can you elaborate on the problem?  do you mean that when you
use another amp model, like tweed, it isn't loud enough?  or that
when using another one you can't turn it up without feedback?
in the former case, you might want to check the amplevel and
gain settings to get more volume.  if the latter, the gain may be
too high.  some of the amp models feed back horribly unless the
gain is very low.  check out richard hunter's web pages on the
settings he uses.  he also sells sets of custom settings that he's
developed after much experimentation.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it...to someone.