Re: [Harp-L] Happy Holidays and rethinking harp amps

I play Hoochie Coochie man in 13th on a low, low, low
M harp.  Loser.  Just kidding!

I am really excited to hear you new rig, Chris.  If
anybody else out there has a non-Chicago type rig, I'd
love to hear sound samples. Although it isn't the
sound I am looking for, I love to hear the variety of
sounds between players.

When it comes to straight blues gigs, who cares if it
sounds traditional?  I'd just avoid stomping on too
many pedals.  With your own tone and with how you use
the eq pedal, you'll be fine.

Eugene, remember that speaker size and number play a
huge part in the volume you'll get.  A 45w amp with
four 10" speakers will sound lounder then a 45w amp
with one 10" speaker.

With some of those large amps (keyboard and bass
type), can't you use the amp as a monitor and run a
direct out?  The speaker cab seems to add less color
with those amps then with amps pushed to distortion.
Just a thought.

Mike

> --- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chris
> Michalek" <chris@...>
> wrote:
>
> Thanks...
>
> regarding the QSC - nope there is not an extra zero.
> It's nearly 1500
> watts of super clean and raw power.  I use a lot of
> effect pedals and
> this rig reammy makes them shine, especially the
> double octave
> effects.  I can also sound liek a searing guitar.
> The only tone I
> can't truly get is that old school chicago blues
> sound but that's not
> my forte anyway and I don't ever expect to be hired
> to play like that
> and of course if someone is silly enough to call me
> for a traditional
> blues gig I have a bassman. Speaking of silly
> hirings, the last gig I
> played was a tradition blues gig and I fianlly
> learned that first
> position hoochie coochie man lick. I don't normally
> carry high pitched
> harps with me so I learned something that I should
> have learned years ago.

Mike Fugazzi
vocals/harmonica

http://www.myspace.com/mikefugazzi
http://www.niterail.com

"Capitalize on your own strengths; develop your own style.
The world needs another harp player doing Little Walter licks
as much as it needs another Elvis impersonator."
-Paul deLay