Re: [Harp-L] Happy Holidays and rethinking harp amps

Sounds like you're ready to blow the doors right off the Nativity Scene. Peace- Lenny

Chris Michalek <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Hi Guys,

I been away from the list dealing with life issues. Wife was pregannt, then had a miscarriage, I spent a lot of time helping her deal with the extra hormones and ensuing depression. During that time she was really annoyed by the sound of the harmonica so I more or less stopped playing. But there is always a bright side, during that time I bought a Fender Jazz Bass and GK bass amp. I'll tell ya'll right now, the bass is multitudes easier to learn then the harmonica!!

In playing the bass I learned a tonne about chords and their structure. I also learned about the ultimate bass rig which brings me back to harmonica. For the style of music that I play, the ultimate bass rig is also the ultimate harmonica rig.

QSC 1450 watt power amp
Eden WP-100 Navigator tube Preamp
Furman Power Conditioner

4x10 Eden Bass Cab with metallic cones

Damn!!! This thing rocks and can put a hole in your chest!! :-) If you're just a blues player, this isn't going to be the set up for you but if you're into a more progressive sound then I can see lot's of players adopting this type of rig in the future.

Happy Holidays

Chris Michalek