[Harp-L] Re: Runaround OB?

Bill Hines wrote:

"BTW is there any OB/OD on this song? One tab I've seen has a
6-blow bend which would be an OB, unless that's a mistake in the tab."

I think that's probably an error in your tab, although I believe Popper can and does occasionally use overbends. (It's hard for me to be sure because I'm not good at picking them out by ear -- but I know he is a Howard Levy admirer and would be well aware of this technique.)  However, I doubt he was using them back when "Runaround" was recorded, and I doubt he can play them in his fast runs.  If you do ever go hear the John Popper Project, he plays some Arabian-sounding slow stuff that I think probably has overbends.  At least he was making notes that bewildered me.

Jonathan Metts