[Harp-L] Re: Danny Boy

  I received an E mail off list stating the writing on my previous post
is wrong. 1.  Diuatonic is good for one octave music.  2. What the heck
is one octave music?  I need to respond and explain in detail and
rephrase clearly.  !0 hole diatonic is good for any music whose notes are
from 1 octave from C to high C, or from low B to high A up to 14 notes or
1 and half notes. Danny Boy notes span from low A to high C with over 1
octave.  It presents a problem for amateur  like me who can not bend
well.  Amazing Grace is easy to play since it has only 1 otave from D to
D in key of G.  Natioinal Anthem has notes from from low B to high F in 2
octave notes with accidental sharp in key of Bb.  Therefore it is
difficult to play for me on a single diatonic.
   Addendum.  Solution 5.   Play Paddy-Richter harp  as suggested by
Steve Shaw.  I hope that he will  explain What Paddy-Richter is.  Is it
custom built or tuned, commercially available, cost, where to order?
   I state that Harp-l is a forum for readers to learn from each other
and exchange ideas and experiences.      Ken in Ga